Sunday, February 10, 2013

Mourning for my Towel: The Dream

I know there is a bunch of regulars following this blog, and like all introverts, I get really excited when someone pays attention to what I say; specially because I don't say much. Anyway, I get easily excited about pretty much anything, so for those who know me this wasn't a big revelation. But, thank you.

I wanted to get you all sentimental because I won't probably get many comments on this one, and if I do they will probably be to tell me how lame I am.

Anyway, this was a sad week to me (someone please put the sarcasm sign up). I left a (pink) towel in the bathroom -which I share with another two people- and the next morning it wasn't there. I have discussed this with my flatmates and none of us has been able to give a reasonable explanation. Many theories were made: the wind, a possible ghost, a pervert, or me never having a towel, as if this was a crappy version of the Sixth Sense where I sometimes see towels when they're not there.

Anyway, that is the kind of thing that annoys me a lot. Not in the getting mad way, not even for the fact of losing a poor quality towel, but for the fact that I can't explain what happened. I don't care if it was stolen or if it spontaneously bursted into flames. I.just.want.to.know. I just can't live with uncertainty, it bugs me so much. And why am I telling you all this? Because of course, I dreamed with it. My subconscious mind tried to solve my problem by giving the towel back to me.

The thing is that, my subconscious mind has a weird concept of solving problems, so when I dream about getting my towel back, it couldn't have been in a normal way. In the dream I am in a park, with white sky and yellow grass, and there is an incredibly beautiful light. I am there, standing, and suddenly a big group of pink rabbits surrounds me and one of them -I assume it was the leader- hands me back my towel in what seems almost like a biblical ceremony. 

Unfortunately, I haven't received the visit of any rabbit so far in real life, so I'm betting on the Spontaneous (Towel) Combustion theory. Any other theories you might want to share with me? You know what to do.



16 comments:

  1. I am no dream expert, but I think rabbits have something to do with fertility? I do not understand the dream, but it seems very feminine to me. I'd like to read what others think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bizarre! I have things mysteriously disappear, too... usually socks that go missing in the wash, or small trinkets that (most likely) are stolen by my cats. I agree with Kym, the dream sounds totally feminine! And, well, pretty damn adorable... Nothing says cute quite like pink rabbits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [SARCASM SIGN]
    ||
    ||
    ||
    ||


    As requested please see above. Are you 100% sure you left it in the bathroom? Could you have dreamed that you had used it and that it's really elsewhere? Could pink rabbits have borrowed it as they didn't want white fluff between their paws?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a mystery to me too, where do all those things that go missing, disappear into? until I read Cecelia Ahern's - A place called 'here'.
    Now that's where you will find your pink towel and all the missing socks! In the place called 'here'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come out of mourning gal! Its been 2 months already!! There are plenty of other pink towels in the world, I promise!

      Delete
  5. Hum are you sure you used the pink towel yet?it might be still in the case... or worst u might have forgotten it at home!.

    Then again pink rabbits...they must get their pigmentation from somewhere!! I'm sorry....your towel was eaten by the pink rabbits to preserve their pinky colour.... ><

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah.. Here's an idea ;) http://woar.it/?q=my+pink+towel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly? I wish I can have your dream. I usually forget my dreams the moment I wake up. :(

    xoxo,
    Kisty of The Style Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm...the mystery of the pink towel. Have you heard of the Flat Stanley project? Maybe your pink towel is on an adventure around the world?! :)

    BTW - new reader from BBN and LOVE your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never heard of such a thing, will check it out now :D Will it help me find my towel?

      Thanks a lot for following, there will soon be more posts coming up, so keep on reading!

      Delete
  9. You haven't been kidnapped by the serial towel kidnapping pink bunnies have you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I kinda have...I have some serious problems to find time for the blog lately since now I'm both student+housewife...plus living in a college doesn't help. I am working on a theory about why tequila kills dreaming. But there will probably a new post this sunday, hooray!

      Delete
  10. I have actually spent the last few days being obsessed with bunnies. :P Among other things, rabbits stand for fertility, vulnerability, new life and new beginnings, luck, shyness, speed, creativity and family. I suppose I could try to make up a story that connects all those things in a explanation about the disappearing towel.

    But in my experience, whenever I lost something while living with room mates, they just put it somewhere absentmindedly and forgot. Maybe they'll find it when they do their laundry and you'll get it back all clean and fluffy and smelling of flowers. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe, just maybe, all of this was a big dream. You dreamt you had a pink towel and left it somewhere but it was a dream and when you woke up you continued to think of it in reality. So, there is no pink towel unless you go buy one. Stupid thought but you just never know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't think where your towel disappeared to, (but I understand how frustrating and annoying that would be!), but I think your picture is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful work of art.
    Thank you for sharing with all of us.
    I hope you have now been made whole . . .
    -g-

    ReplyDelete