Long time no see, dear inhabitants of my blog!
I am so sorry I haven't had that much time to update this, I've had some crazy days -and still am really busy-. Anyway, there is a lot of new dreams coming up and ready to be posted, as well as some collaborations from a friend who makes amazing drawings. But today I wanted to share one of my other hobbies: making lists.
I love making lists about everything. Shopping list, wish list, things-to-do before I’m too old list, shows I follow list, movies to watch, music to listen, places to travel, stupid hairdos to learn, etc. So, I couldn’t skip posting my Fabulous and Updated New Year’s Resolution List! ( I hope that the pressure of sharing it with you people will help me cross it all out).
1. Start my own life. I will be moving to Denmark (again) by the end of January, to study a Master. It will be a new city, a new home, with new people and a weird, unpronounceable language.
2. Improve my back posture. This year I realized that I have to take care of my back, or I will start having more serious problems than I already have. For this, I have been developing a Posture Plan, which includes a list of songs (another list) that, when being listened to, make me not only walk as if I was a stiff catwalk model (or that is how I like to imagine myself), but also feel cool and confident in a little bit arrogant way, as in sunglasses commercials. If you need to learn how to walk with your back in a straight position, it might help. If you just want to listen to music, it might help too.
3. Travel! Travel! Travel!! Travel to places I’ve never been before, and travel to the US to see my family there. They are very much missed.
4. Be efficient with money and save up a bit to go on crazy shopping sprees without having a bad conscience.
5. Be healthier. I have already started with this resolution, but I just have to keep it up.
6. Keep in touch with my family and friends. Since I have many loved ones scattered around the world, I think I’ll be good at this, but I hope they all want to keep in touch with me too!
7. Get to be proficient in both French and Danish. One of the goals in my life is being able to speak as many languages as possible, so I hope this is the year where I can finally say I speak four languages fluently.
8. Buy more appropriate socks and lose less hairpins (what’s wrong with hairpins?!?!)
9. Read more!! I love reading but I always postpone it. I will try to read (at least) 33 books this year. Why 33? Because it’s the result of 20+13. Stop looking at me like that, I needed a number! Also, I should try to focus on one book at a time. I currently have 9 next to my bed.
10. Improve this blog. Not talking much about promo, since I don’t really care about that, but I do want to offer more and better content, so I hope you’ll be happy with the outcome of this.
... and finding the Perfect Muffin Recipe. My first ones exploded inside the oven, but I've gotten better.
This is a drawing from when I was a kid that I recently found, seems like my obsession with muffins is not new. I will soon be posting more of them since some are hilarious. I am so glad that my mom didn't have me tested back then, I clearly had some issues.
There is of course many other things I want to do, but resolutions should be kept short, and prioritized, or else they will just fade. All the rest will be considered extra achievements to my greater glory.
Now, do you also have some resolutions for 2013? You're more than welcome to share.