Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Blog Birthday part II: Daydreaming Guest Post


I have been really excited about this post, since I have never had any daydreaming featured here. It was written by Nyira, from the blog "Being Plum", which is by the way a great blog to find some interesting beauty products with great quality. I mention this not to spam you people, but because I find that many beauty/ fashion blogs don't care that much about the quality of the products, but about how fancy they are. That being said...

...I loved drawing this. I know it won't resemble to Jimi, the cat she talks about, or even to the story she tells us about, but I really got into the sci-fi mood. Right after I read it, I remembered Mojo Jojo, the super evil villain of the Powerpuff Girls (I'm such a big fan of them!) and the idea of having animals taking over us seemed very attractive. It was really fun to wonder about the "secret lives" of what seems so different, of those things around us we don't pay attention to because they're not human: toys, plants, animals...I hope you enjoy it. And I hope you enjoyed my first month blogging. And since my last posts haven't been done by me, I have some dreams from this past week that I haven't told you about yet, but that I'm so excited about sharing. I should stop the talk now, here comes the day dream! Enjoy :)

Jimi's Secret


I have a cat, one cat, not many like a crazy cat lady. His name is Jimi, after Jimi Hendrix. Sometimes when we're home alone I catch him looking at me and tracking me as I walk across the room. Then when I look at him, he looks uninterested and licks him paw or his leg. I keep walking and he moves into a position where he can keep looking at me. Sometimes he'll appear at a half open door while I'm on my way out of the room and give me a fright.

Anyway, today at work, I found myself a little bit bored and staring at my computer screen and I started imaging a large facility underground or in an industrial part of town. The kind of place nobody thinks about, the perfect place for underground experiments. One such involving animals and humans swapping bodies. What if my cat was really called Jimi, as a person, I mean and he was either reincarnated, or yet more sisterly, transplanted into my cat's body. That might be why he starts at me, possibly to get my attention or wondering why I hadn't noticed and done something about his situation. What if he was sent here to gather intelligence on me? Not sure that on earth he'd discover other than me talking to myself in Spanish or Italian when I think no one is around (the fact that I wait until no one is a sign I'm not crazy? Right?!). I thought about all the times I'd call his name and he'd meow, this would go on 5, 6, 7 or more times in a row. He has to be trying to communicate with me or something. Just then My boss walks up and says "Hi!" rather loudly it makes me jump and I involuntarily start clicking my mouse no knowing what I'm clicking on. Oh well, Jimi will reveal his secret one of these days.




Special Thanks to: Being Plum

6 comments:

  1. Lol at Nyira's boss interrupting the daydream leading to randomly clicking the mouse, I have done that on many a occasion. I class myself as a great thinker of the world until I start spewing my ideas out which tends to go all pear shaped, as you could probably tell from my eco blog :-) PS you've still got to do a drawing for your blog title ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm fine with your pear shaped ideas! As for the blog title drawing I thought I should follow your example and keep it eco, too xD No, I'm working on it, but nothing good has come yet...

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the post Andre G. and the picture is amazing. You got Jimi's mischievous eyes perfectly.

    @jamie Price: Yeah, random mouse clicking pretty much happens every day with me :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the post, Ny :) I could perfectly imagine those eyes, my cat used to have that look whenever he tried to climb into my dad's favorite armchair!

      Once again, thanks :)

      Delete
  3. how I wish I could day dream at work...the only dream I'm allowed is to win the national lottery and get the F*** out of there xD loool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Hotei, I dreamt with the lottery number and I have actually bought that same number...wish me luck xD

      If you ever get some daydreaming you know where to share!

      Delete