Sunday, January 13, 2013

Dreaming with the Liebster

I have been blogging for just two months and I barely know how to customize my template, nor have I designed a decent header, yet I have been tagged to the Liebster award and the Versatile blog (twice!). I have no idea what this means or what it’s for but oh boy, how it makes me feel part of the blogging community! So, thank you Gladley for nominating me. I hope I will also contribute to the discovery of new, awesome blogs.
As I've heard, these are: The Rules

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose people and link them in your post.
4. Go tell them!
5. No tag backs.



11 Things About Me

I tried to be as random as I could, but always honest.

1. I hate the Jumanji movie, and feared I would grow a monkey tail too.

2. I am a Lord of the Rings freak, and I fantasize about having a garden full of ents.

3. I fear driving –even though I passed at first try-, cycling and skating.

4. My favorite toy is a rocking wooden horse named FruFrĂș.

5. I love cats, and I’ve had more than ten, but all of them have died sooner or later due to cars or poisoning.

6. I’m awesome at planning trips {blush}.

7. I’ve done skydiving and loved it. My instructor looked like Hulk Hogan.

8. I have family in the US (Texas and Colorado) but only been able to visit them there once – however, they come to Spain often-.

9. I consider that “The Matrix” belongs to a new movie genre, “Sci-Fi Comedy” when watched at high speed.

10. I love studying languages: so far I’ve studied English, French, Russian, Danish, Portuguese and Italian.

11. My Bachelor Thesis was about milk. Or, Why Northern European People Don’t like Milk produced in Spain from a Strategic Management view. And I got the best grade.
  

Gladley asked me:


1.    What gets your blood pumping?

I have thought a lot about this one! I think the answer that fits this question better is the ride to the airport to catch a flight. I get in a survival-like mood that makes me really excited about what’s coming next.

2.    What's your favorite dessert?

Raspberries. Alone. No cream. No nothing.

3.    What made you giggle at school?

My math teacher. She never buttoned her shirt properly and always showed her belly a bit. It’s a bit mean, but that’s how kids are. She also taught me that Adam and Eve were expelled from paradise because they tried to divide by zero.

4.    What's the best part about where you live?

Weather. We are lucky to have a lot of sun, no matter how cold winters are, for example. It’s ironic that I voluntarily chose to move to Denmark and trade sunny weather for grey skies.

5.    What book that I probably haven't read would you recommend to me?

The Neon Bible. THE NEON BIBLE!! Written by J.K Toole, it portrays the stupidity of dogmas.

6.    What's your favorite word?

Since this didn’t specify it had to be in English, I choose one from Spanish: coquetuelo. I love how it curls in the tongue but it’s both funny and really descriptive. It means something similar to “charmingly flirtatious”.

7.    You're hosting a dinner party - what's the menu?

It would be rather simple. I’m not going to say I’m a great cook…but I would probably serve sausages cooked in white wine in the oven and a salad of lettuce, strawberries and vinaigrette. Simple but tasty!

8.    What do you love to talk about?

I talk a lot about lost morals, as well as music and books. When I get a little bit drunk, I’ve been told I talk a lot about my (now dead) hamster, whose eye used to pop out randomly.

9.    Name a classic movie you haven't seen.

Metropolis, Fritz Lang. I fear it will be boring, but I just have to see it.

10.  If you were tree what type of tree would you be and why?

Are ents considered trees? If they are, because of their wisdom and power. And because they defeated Saruman and brought Isengard to ashes. If they can’t be considered trees, I would ask why, and if I still wasn’t allowed to be an ent, I would be an orange tree, because they smell so nice, and a fresh, tasty orange is the best thing you can eat in summer.

11.  What will you dress as for Halloween 2013?

I have no idea. Last year I had two super cool options (one of them being a French-Movie-Director-Who-Hanged-Herself-After-Watching-Her-Movie-Because-of-Boredom) and at last minute, I changed my mind for some reason and ended up being Britney Spears, surrounded by vampires, zombies and wolves.




Now, my turn to ask the nominees:

1. What is the best moment of the day?
2. Imagine you have 15 minutes to pack and leave to any place you want. Where would that be?
3. Is there something you don't allow yourself?
4. Your first memory as a child.
5. Who is your favorite celebrity?
6. Your favorite object.
7. Something you wish you had more time for.
8. What is the worst movie you've ever seen?
9. A song that brings you memories, and why.
10. Is there any skill you wish you had?
11. And of course...I had to ask this: do you remember your dreams after you wake up? 

The blogs I nominate are…

Meg, from The Kissy Pearl
Nina, from Nothing
Kleopatra, from Ideas and Opinions
Summer, from Oh Summer Candy

They are all great blogs, I'm hoping you'll like them as I do. And for the nominees, keep up the good work! Hope to hear as many answers as possible!



16 comments:

  1. hahah funny, i was just comming ove to award you with the same thing you can do it agian if you would like or you dont have to with that i award you with the libster award you can check it out on my blog
    http://hello-gutentag.blogspot.ca/2013/01/leibster-award-take-2.html

    Jenn xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! I had never seen your blog before so at least I could get to know it! You have a great blog name, btw :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Andre for nominating me!! This really made my day xx

    Summer x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Andre!!! you totally deserve it! And thank u..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nina, you too! I'm working on your dream!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, and thank you so much for nominating me! Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have enough time to do it, plus I already did it some while ago :)
    Loved your random facts and your answers to the questions. I feel so ashamed to admit that I haven't even seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies until just a few weeks ago! And wow, I don't think I could write a whole Bachelor thesis about milk :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know but still had to nominate to those who I think deserve it :)

      And yeah, it's a reason to be ashamed for but seems like you fixed that problem and now you deserve the category of being a rational person now. Haha we all thought that, including me...but there it is, a Milk Thesis!

      Thanks for commenting, I'll be looking forward to your next post

      Delete
  5. Thanks for completing this, it was a hoot to read! I honestly think your thesis sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Gladley! I am secretly proud of it too...it did seem interesting to me!

      Delete
  6. Here's another one though slightly different you don't have to follow the rules as it'd almost be duplicate posts: http://weirdn-wonderful.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-versatile-blogger-award-or-liebster.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very exciting! Loved learning a little bit about you as well. Came across your blog on Better Blogger Network (just joined and am getting a feel for things). Thanks for sharing!

    Jules of Canines & Couture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Jules! Hope to see you around here again or BBN.

      Delete